Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas is coming...

This past weekend we went and got our Christmas tree. We went to a wonderful place that let us pick out our own then they cut it down for us. Isabel wanted every tree in the lot, especially the ones that were her own size. But we settled on a big gorgeous tree and we're all very happy with it. Isabel had such a blast running through the trees and falling in the mud. She had a fit when we put her back in the car. She kept taking off and trying to hug all the trees. She's pretty fast for such a tiny tyke, I'd turn around and she'd be three rows over in no time at all. This place also had a device that they put the tree in to shake it out and get rid of all the junk before you take it home. I'd never seen that before and thought it was pretty cool. But Isabel hated it; she thought they were hurting her tree and was very mad to see it being shaken so roughly. She also had a rough time with the decorating of the tree. All the non-breakable ornaments were put at the bottom of the tree, but she kept taking them off and hugging them and crying when i tried to put them back on the tree. One snowman she kept putting on and taking off again. At least she got to feel like she was participating and had fun, that was all i cared about. She's been really great with the tree, just saying hi to it in the morning and cooing whenever she sees it all lit up, but not messing with it too much. I don't have any pics of it all decorated yet, but I'll take some soon and post them. The other pics I've posted here are just of one day that we were hanging out with Rowan and Sarah. Isabel climbed in Rowan's wagon and he pulled her all around the house. She giggled the whole time. For the most part they play so well together. They give each other lots of hugs and kisses which makes up for all the fighting over toys that occurs. I'm so glad Isabel gets to spend so much time with her cousin. Christmas is going to be so much fun this year with these two little ones. And getting to spend the first Christmas with my family in 6 years is going to wonderful also. I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season and all the preparations. Merry Christmas to all!




Ooh, trees!

"I want to hug them all!"

This pic is a little blurry, but I though I'd post it anyway cause it shows how happy she was picking out her tree.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love a good tree myself! What a cutie! How come she looks so much like Jason? (Just teasing! This is a question I get all the time about Abby and how she looks "just like Rick". Ugh!) We have a wreath! Grandma and grandpa will have all of the trimmings at the house in Texas. We leave by car on Thursday night. Pray for us! Merry Christmas!!! I'm so glad you can be with your family to celebrate!