Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rowan's birthday party and 2 very dirty kids

We had Rowan's 2nd birthday party to attend on this past Sunday. We've had gorgeous weather most of the past week so it was outside and very warm. I took a few pics, but mostly on my sister's camera, so I've only got one from that day to post on here. It was such a nice day and so much fun. My little nephew is such a big boy now! Isabel enjoyed playing with her cousins in dirt and got quite messy. This first pic is from that day. These next pics are from Monday. We thought Isabel was dirty on Sunday; we were very wrong.
Isabel and Rowan dug a nice hole in the backyard with all his new sandbox toys. He doesn't have a sandbox yet so they were improvising.
Then Isabel starting smearing the dirt all over her face and Rowan found this hilarious. So of course that spurred her on even more.

This is the end result, one very dirty kid. I guess I'm glad that she likes to play in the dirt and isn't afraid of getting messy, but this seems a little excessive! She left a pretty good ring around the tub last night! Poor kid also has no shorts and only a couple of t-shirts so far. I haven't gotten around to buying her summer clothes yet, so she was wearing a pair of Rowan's old shorts yesterday. They looked pretty goofy on her. It was almost 90 degrees here yesterday and it's still only April! It's only in the low 70's here today, absolutely perfect weather. I'm getting my garden ready to plant and getting as much sun as I can. I love springtime!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love the mud smeared face. Isabel is so adorable! Rowan's a cutie too!

Misty said...

wow! this should eliminate all your fears about Isabel--she's definitely your type of kid! there's this book you should check out if you get a chance. it's called "baby blue cat and the dirty dog brothers." i think it might be right up isabel's alley.

Misty said...

Just rereading my comment . . . didn't mean you really had any "fears" about Isabel! . . . just meant it must be nice for you to have a girl who knows how get dirty and be a girly girl. How fun!