Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snow and surprise visitors

What a wonderful weekend! While on our way to church on Sunday I got a call on my cell phone from my friends EB and Anthony, my closest friends in Wyoming. They were in New England and wanted to come down and visit that night! I knew they were out here, but had no idea when exactly I'd get to see them. They arrived around dinner time and left the next day about mid-afternoon and we had a wonderful visit. Lots of laughter, wine, food, coffee, and fun. Isabel loves her Auntie EB and Uncle Pony (what EB's niece calls Anthony and she encouraged Isabel to do the same, to Anthony's dismay). She keeps asking "Where Auntie EB go?". Isabel loved having a whole new audience to entertain and to laugh at her every antic. Come back soon, please!!!!! We all miss you guys so much!!! Here's a cute pic of Isabel and her Auntie EB.

On another note, it's snowing here!!! Since we waited till well into January for snow last winter I'm thrilled to see it snow in November. I don't think it's supposed to last long, but it's so pretty! I didn't even know it was supposed to snow today, so I was shocked when Jason opened the blinds this morning to show me all the white stuff outside. Isabel wants to go outside and make snowballs so I guess I have to find her winter gear and see if any of it still fits. I had to take a pic of the view off our back deck because I thought it was so pretty I had to show you all.
One day last week Sarah came over with the kids and Isabel and Rowan had a blast together. Isabel also adores her cousin Sophia and really wanted to hold her. The closest she got to that was this pic of her trying to hold Sophia's hand. I thought it was a pretty cute pic. She always wants to hold her, but then gets nervous and settles for sitting next to her instead. She did help me give Sophia a bottle, Isabel held the end and I kept the bottle from being jammed into Sophia's face. :) It was pretty sweet.
The angle on this shot makes Sophia look gigantic and my kid tiny. Of course my kid is pretty little, but they are not the same size, I swear!
Rowan watched me giving his sister a bottle and decided he needed to feed one of Isabel's babies too. So he sat down next to me and very sweetly fed the baby doll. What a sweet boy he can be! (Sometimes at least) :)

This is just a cute pic of Isabel and I that I just love. One of her favorite things to do now is to sit on my shoulders and go into the bathroom so she can see us in the mirror. I love how she's snuggling my head in this pic. That's my little sweetheart!

No comments: