Saturday, September 13, 2008

Isabel is 3!

My baby is a big 3 year old as of yesterday! We had plans to celebrate with a bbq/party tonight, but then Isabel caught a really miserable cold, so we're pushing it off until tomorrow night instead. I ended up having to call in to work yesterday and spend Isabel's birthday at home watching movies with her and trying to keep her as comfy as possible. She is just like her Daddy when she gets sick, extremely dramatic. ;) We gave her two of her presents yesterday, and have a couple more small things to give her at her party. One thing we got was a drawing "desk", sort of a lapdesk with a space for holding her paper and markers. She really loves drawing pictures and has drawn us about 20 since we gave it to her yesterday. The rest of her day was spent watching movies, as she really had no energy at all. We bought The Little Mermaid for her, one of my all-time favorites. She seemed to like that one a lot and of course we had to watch her favorite movie, Cars, for the millionth time. She knows all the lines now and sometimes recites them along with the movie. Luckily I like it too and don't get too sick of watching it, I guess I should appreciate that my kid has good taste. ;)
I will post some pics of her party once we have it and some more recent pics soon. I just can't believe that my baby is 3 now.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yeah! Isabel is 3! Boo! Isabel is sick! I hope her party goes well. How great that she makes you lots of artwork. And Abby wants Isabel to know that she loves the Little Mermaid too.