Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy summer days

Wow, life has been really busy lately, as I'm sure you can all tell from the lack of blogging. We've been playing softball; we won our game today and have games tomorrow and Wednesday this week. Plus I'm still watching Rowan days a week, and I don't know what other excuse I have, life just feels really busy. Isabel likes coming to our softball games, usually my parents come and hang out with her and cheer us on. She wishes she could play I think, she loves to wear our gloves around the house and pretend. I'm loving our new apartment, I get to have a garden! It's not huge, 11x14, but I have tons of lettuce already and my sugar snap peas and snow peas are growing like crazy. I'll have some zucchini and yellow squash also and I have a ton of chives and other herbs. I just love picking my salad for lunch, it tastes so much better than store-bought! Yumm! We also welcomed a new addition to our family on Memorial Day, Jasper the kitten. Isabel loves to carry him around and order him to play. I love that he sleeps on my pillow above my head so I can hear him purring at night. He's a great kitten and a lot of fun. Finally we have a pet! Hopefully we can get a dog next, sometime. That's all the news from here. Hope you're all enjoying your summers! Isabel all ready to play softball with Daddy's glove. I think it's just a little too big.
Our sweet new kitten, Jasper.
Notice his cute little goatee! He was trying to hide from Isabel and take a nap when I took this one, that didn't work out so well for him. Isabel took away his pillow right after I took this. She's not very good at sharing lately, even with her kitten. We're really praying this phase is over soon!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm glad you have a blog. Now I will find out some of your news. I have lots of questions...but that will wait for e-mail. :)