Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy 1st day of summer!

It hit almost 90 here the other day and we still have no air conditioning, so we had to get creative. We also don't have a wading pool or sprinkler yet, but we do have an empty ladybug sandbox. We're a little late on getting the sand too, poor kid! Rowan was here to play, so I took the kids outside and filled up the ladybug with water and sprayed the kids, and myself, with the hose and we had a great time. The kids were completely thrilled and never felt the lack of a real pool. They splashed and dumped water all over themselves and each other. I only got a couple of pics before my camera ran out of batteries. I think we're still going to buy a wading pool at some point, and hopefully some sand for the sandbox. But in the meantime we'll stay nice and cool splashing in the bug. Hope you're all having a wonderful summer!"This is a little small for both of us!"
Brrr, cold water.
"Uh oh, where are you aiming that hose Isabel?"

1 comment:

Misty said...

I can't believe that it's just been in the 90s for you guys. We've seen at least a few of what had to be very nearly 100 degrees. It's killer, isn't it? We love our little window air conditioner. I think your idea was great. Kids don't care--as long as it involves water and fun, they love it. Way to go, Mom! Glad to hear you used the first day of summer well.