Friday, August 03, 2007

Haven't posted in a while...

So I figured I'd better put up some new pics and a couple of stories and updates. We've been really busy lately, although I'm not always sure what we're so busy with. Summer just seems like a crazy time. Today we went to my sister's house and watched the kids play in the wading pool. This past Sunday we met my parents and Mark, Sarah, and Rowan, and also Mark's brother and his family, all at a lake and swam and kayaked and had a great time. Softball is over now so that removes one event from our schedule, but we're filling it up with plenty of other fun things lately, although I really miss playing softball and I'm sure we'll play again next year.

Isabel has been talking up a storm lately and is growing up so fast. Everyday she has new words and is talking in sentences and loves to talk on the phone too. We put her hair in pigtails for the first time today, she looks like such a big girl to me like that! This first one is as she gave a kiss to the camera. She has turned into a bit of a ham and loves to pose for the camera. And here she is in my old sunglasses, also looking very grown up to me.
Isabel and her kitty were chasing each other around in the flowers one evening and Jason snapped this pic. She likes to try to sniff the flowers, but she blows on them instead. She hasn't quite got that concept down yet.
Isabel loves to play with her kitten. These pics are from a couple of weeks ago, he's grown a bunch since then, we think he's going to be a pretty big cat when he's full grown. One of her favorite pastimes is to run around the house with Jasper in the doll stroller. This must be the most tolerant kitten ever! For the record, he climbs in there himself most of the times.
Racing through the living room at top speed! She always stops just before they hit the wall.
Poor Jasper is barely visible below two of Isabel's dollies. She thought he needed company in there.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Isabel is soooo cute in pigtails. I agree that she does look older like that. It's just adorable the way she races around with her kitty in that stroller. We just got a parakeet this Tuesday. Her (or his . . . we won't know for a while about gender) name is Bobbie. She's a cute little singer. Emily is always saying "thank you for my birdie." Oh would she love to come play with Jasper, too.

Elizabeth said...

I agree, the stroller is hilarious. I've also been looking at your shutterfly album, lots of cute pictures. You'll have to share some quotes if Isabel says anything cute!

Shelly said...

If I posted everytime Isabel said something I thought was cute I'd never be off the computer! :) Of course I find all of her sayings adorable, but I'm not sure all my friends would share my enthusiam, so I try to restrain myself from sharing them all.

Suzanne said...

love, love love the pony tails. what a doll! i need to get abby a baby stroller. she likes to chase the dogs with her little shopping cart.