Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Helper Isabel

These days Isabel's favorite thing is to be a big girl and "help" mommy. "I can do it" and "I want to help" are phrases we hear often around here. I've had to get a little creative about what form that help should take. These first pics are of Isabel helping out by giving Sophia her bottle a few weeks ago. They started out in the little chair on the floor, looks a little awkward. :)
Then she decided they needed to move up to the big chair, a bit safer for both kids. Eventually Isabel gave up and Sophia took over and held the bottle herself while Isabel looked at one of Sophia's books. All in all a pretty good attempt at helping out. Also a bit of a turning point in Isabel's relationship with Sophia, she's much kinder with her lately and less annoyed when Sophia crawls on top of her or gets in her space.
This has become my favorite way to keep Isabel occupied while I make dinner. She loves washing dishes, so I can just fill a sink with soapy water and let her have fun. She gets the stuff fairly clean, and stays mostly out of my way, perfect! Also, note that she's doing housework in her sparkly ruby slippers; this seems to be Isabel's theory on life: pretty shoes work in any situation, no matter the outfit they're paired with. ;) She does love her accessories!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I do love that she has the ruby red slippers on, how dorothy! I wish I could get Abby to do something productive like dishes.