Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Even more vacation pics

So I got ahold of my dad's two cameras and downloaded some more pics and I just had to share them. :) The second night that we were there the menfolk went out to buy some seafood for dinner and came back with 7 lobsters, 3 pounds of steamers, and some awesome asiago bread. Add some yummy roasted potatoes and a veggie and it was a feast! There were nine of us there, 6 adults and 3 kids, so that worked out to one lobster apiece for the adults, one for Isabel and Rowan, and a pound of steamers per family group. Sophia was still considered too little for shellfish, lucky for the rest of us! ;) Isabel and Rowan wanted to see the lobsters before we cooked them, but that turned Isabel off wanting to eat any, she thought the were rather scary. So that just meant more lobster for the rest of us. She did love the steamers though and ate plenty of those. Here's all of us digging in to our feast!
Closer up view of Uncle Mark breaking open his lobster. Yumm!
Three little cutie-pies, all lined up by height on the train.
This next picture needs a little explanation. In my previous post I included a cute pic of Rowan and Sophia posed on the train steps. What I didn't share then was that Rowan neglected to hold onto his sister and the result was this:
It's a blurry action shot, but it ends up looking like Rowan is shoving his little sister off of the train with a big smile on his face. She caught herself and was just fine, she's a tough little girl. Any ideas for a great caption? Sophia fell asleep in the pack on the hike down the mountain. Doesn't that just look so uncomfortable? I love how little kids can just fall asleep anywhere.
Here's the posed group shot of us all at the summit.
On Friday we went on a treasure hunt. My parents learned of a mineral collecting site where you could dig for smoky quartz crystals. It was a quick 1 mile hike to the site, although the mosquitoes attacking me made it seem a little longer. Isabel loves digging in the dirt, and what kid doesn't love the idea of looking for treasure, so it was a big hit with her. We found some cool crystals and lots of pretty sparkly rocks, so it was a pretty good time. Isabel did get super tired and I had to carry her on my shoulders most of the way out, thank God she's so little! (Jason had to carry her most of the way in, so it was my turn on the return trip)
Just another pic of Isabel and I digging for treasure.
It was a really great trip, I hope you all enjoyed all the pics, I got a bit camera-happy on this trip. ;)


2 comments:

Misty said...

I want to dig in the dirt and find sparkly things, too!

Suzanne said...

Did you save me a lobster?