Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Harvest

I had to share a couple of pics of the harvest from my vegetable garden. Isabel and I spent about an hour out there this morning picking tons of tomatoes, yellow squash, and zucchini. My tomato plants are bigger than I've ever seen and are taking over my garden. It's a bit of a jungle as it's been raining most days since we got back from Maine and I haven't had much chance to weed or pick anything. Today is an absolutely gorgeous and sunny day, so finally we had a chance to attack the garden. Isabel was a great help, without her I'd still be out there picking tomatoes. :) She loves to eat them too, cherry tomatoes by the bowl full is one of her favorite snacks. I have cherry and roma tomatoes, green onions, carrots, beets, lettuce, broccoli, mint, sage, basil, thyme, chives, oregano, and eventually I will have pumpkins and maybe some sunflowers. I was a little ambitious this year, but now we're reaping the benefits and they are yummy!! Today's harvest, anyone need some cherry tomatoes?
A very proud, and a little over-heated, Isabel with all the veggies.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks (and sounds) delicious!

Misty said...

I'll take some cherry tomatoes!

I'm really admire you for undertaking such a gardening project. Way to go.