Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Isabel's first sleep-over

I don't have any new pics to post, but I had to share about Isabel's first sleep-over. this was a pretty busy weekend for us. Jason's birthday was on friday, 36! He's taking it rather hard, I think he feels a bit old. Then our anniversary was on monday, but we celebrated on sunday. We received a gift certificate from my sister and her hubby for Christmas for a night out to dinner and a movie, complete with babysitting. So we went to church in the morning, then to my parents' house for birthday lunch for Jason. Yummy ribs, mmm! then Mark and Sarah took Isabel home with them and we went to an afternoon showing of Ghost Rider. Not a great movie by any standard, but still fun to go. Then off to dinner for some seafood and good wine. Sarah had offered to keep Isabel all night since I was taking care of Rowan there on monday anyway, so we took them up on it. Unfortunately Isabel didn't sleep perfectly all night, but she did okay. She didn't even seem to have missed me that much when i showed up them next morning. She had a great time hanging out with her cousin Rowan the whole time and she snuggled up to her Uncle Mark, who she absolutely adores, a whole lot. It was really strange not having her here for a night, but amazing to be out without her for an actual date. My little girl is growing up!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Very nice to hear that you got to go out and enjoy yourselves. Happy anniversary!