Friday, February 23, 2007

Quick post with some cute and funny new pics

One of Isabel's favorite things to do lately is to play dress-up. She loves to steal my sweatshirts and ask me to put them on her. These pics were from last night. She wore this sweatshirt around the house for about an hour. Here she's talking on the remote as a phone and snuggling on the couch all bundled up in my sweatshirt. I just thought this was hilarious and so cute.
Rowan and Auntie came over yesterday and hung out for half the day. They hadn't been to our house in quite a while, usually we're at Auntie's house. Isabel loved having them here and they had such a blast together. They both love to color pictures and here they are coloring together. Rowan draws lovely swirly pictures and gets really close to the paper, while Isabel hovers above the paper and draws lots of long straight lines with very intense concentration. It's so fun to see how they differ so much. Two cousins couldn't be more different in every way really!
Isabel also loves to wear her cowboy boots so much that here she is wearing them with her little track suit. She really loves to accessorize already. She loves her shoes!

5 comments:

Misty said...

I like those cowboy boots! Emily does a lot of that same stuff--wanting to wear my sweaters, using strange things as a phone. The other night she was mad at me, so she went to find her play phone, bu couldn't so used her toy castanet as a phone, and I heard her saying, "Mommy, Misty won't let me stir!" I laughed my head off at her which made her get more mad and cry. Fun times!

Misty said...

BTW, her mom was at work when she was "calling" her. Ang later told Em it wouldn't have helped her anyway. :)

Shelly said...

That's awesome!! So far i can't really understand what Isabel says on her "phones", lots of babbling and hi's and laughing. But it's really cute! And usually she says she's talking to Auntie. One of her favorite people.

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

I love that she wants to wear her cowgirl boots with everything. She must miss Wyoming. It's so cool that she and Rowan can grow up so close together, at least for now. We talk to Abby a lot about her cousins, but she only sees them twice a year, maybe three times. What can you do? Thanks for the post, keep 'em coming.